Many postgraduate students struggle to explain complex research, in writing, to people outside their discipline, or outside academia. Yet, these days, being able to write about your research for a broad range of audiences is an essential skill. This practical workshop helps students to identify who might be interested in their research and provides a set of tools to:
· analyse a target audience
· understand what their readers need and want
· use this information to make choices about content, language and style
· develop a set of key messages to communicate
· craft a concise, coherent and persuasive narrative
This session, run by Anne Wilson, is packed with activities that help participants learn how to apply sound communications principles to writing about their own research.
Deadline to register - Thursday 5 July - 5 p.m