"I've done the reading. I know what I want to say. but how do I make it 'flow'?"
A good literature review tells a compelling story. It 'leads' the reader through the thinking that lies behind your research question. This one day workshop helps students to create a narrative by heightening their awareness of their relationship with the reader. By the end of the workshop, students will:
· understand what the literature review is, and what it's for
· be more aware of what the reader needs and wants from their writing
· know what makes a good story in an academic context
· be more aware of the importance of thinking and planning
· know some tips and techniques to improve the 'flow' of their literature review
Every student will have the opportunity to bring material from their own literature review in order to discuss it individually with either Katie or Anne.
Deadline to register - Tuesday 3 July - 5 p.m.