SOAS, University of London
This one-day workshop is for any student who wants to write more clearly and stylishly within their discipline. It strips down academic writing to its fundamentals. Students explore:
- what academic writing is and what it's for
- how you see yourself as a writer (your 'writer identity')
- what 'good' looks like, and how this varies by discipline
- the writing process: thinking, planning, drafting and editing
- developing good writing practice
- top tips (to avoid common writing pitfalls)
This course is facilitated by two professional writers. Every participant will get one-to-one feedback on a sample of their academic writing, including specific suggestions about how to improve.
Deadline to register - Monday 2 July - 5 p.m.