Part of the CHASE 'Intimacies' training programme
Co-organised by Sally Jane Norman and Emile Devereaux
Led by Sussex academic practitioners and theorists engaged in a range of creative media practices, together with practitioner supervisees, the workshop builds on previous Sussex CHASE activities (including Going Digital, Digital Score, Doing Subcultures). Participants engaged in creative practice research projects will be grouped in four parallel sessions to explore participatory cartography and digital data, live coding, ascribing life to objects, and scoring public processes as creative practice.
APPLICATIONS: By way of an expression of interest, applicants must respond to a set of questions pertaining to their research, as specified below.
- How, in your work, do you position and interpret the notion of liveness?
- How, in your work, do you use technology to question or convey intimacy, i.e. to explore the boundaries and openness between the private and the social?
- What, in your work, is the relationship between its creative practice manifestations and its theoretical dimensions?
300 words maximum.
Please send these to livenessSussex@gmail.com with the subject line “CHASE Intimacies – Liveness: Application for participation”
Deadline: 5 March 2015
Liveness Core Team (Sussex unless otherwise specified)
- Emile Devereaux
- Evelyn Ficarra
- Daniel Hignell
- Thor Magnusson
- Sally Jane Norman
- Helen Pritchard (Goldsmiths)
- Halldor Ulfarsson (Iceland Academy of Arts)
- Joe Watson